Tampa Family Law Attorneys
Want to keep what you have fought so hard to obtain? A premarital agreement may be what you need! Premarital agreements are, essentially, contracts between potential spouses, prior to marriage.
A premarital agreement will address issues involving the distribution of property, stocks, bank accounts, investments, businesses, debts, child support, alimony, and a multitude of other potential issues that may emerge during a divorce.
The creation of a premarital agreement varies among the states; in order for a premarital agreement to be enforceable several criteria must be met, including, but not limited to the following:
- Full and Fair disclosure of assets;
- No concealment of assets;
- Voluntarily and knowingly signing the agreement;
- Reasonableness of the agreement;
- No appearance of unconscionability;
- No fraud, duress, or undue influence;
- Time for consideration and reflection; and Council.
Call Us With Your Family Law Questions
As with any contract, public policy concerns are always taken into consideration by a court of law. Therefore, a premarital agreement that contains a clause waiving child support payments or condoning illegal activities will be set aside by a court of law.
There is never a cost to contact us. All consultations are completely free. If you hire us, there are no fees or costs if we make no recovery for you.